new banner

Friday, July 08, 2011

For Marie's little gals

So I'm in the pregnancy home stretch and finally feel like knitting again. Have a few things on the needles for my little guy and hope to cast off before my due date -- July 17.

Luckily, I have a few projects from my pre-knitting slump to show, namely these gifts for Marie's precious twins, Caroline and Lilly. I could go on and on about the wonders of Marie, from her generosity and huge heart to her endless enthusiasm and creativity. (And how down to earth she is. And how she has a way of bringing you down to earth without your even realizing it.) But Jess summed Marie up pretty well (and beautifully) on her blog, and I don't think I can do any better.

So I'll get right to the dresses and sweaters!


While she was in France, Jess bought me this fabulous French baby knits book, and I fell for the chauffe-couer pattern (which translates to heart warmer). I knit them up in Knit Picks telemark. Surprisingly, my lackluster French was enough to get me through the patterns without much difficulty. (The next thing I tried to knit -- well, let's just say it's a good thing my mom was a French teacher.)

But I also wanted to sew a little something, so I tried out this pillowcase dress pattern in coordinating fabric from Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush Line. This is a quick project that turns out super cute. Making two at once was delightful!


I hope some day soon I can introduce my little guy to Marie's little girls! It's getting close...

8 Comments:

Blogger maritza said...

Aw, the dresses and the wee shrugs are so adorable (as are Marie's twins)!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Carrie B said...

These are so so adorable! And you are so so close!!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous April said...

Such cute colors.

Good luck finishing up your projects before he arrives!

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every best wish for a healthy and easy birth!

A long-term reader.

x

3:51 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

These are, quite possibly, one of the cutest baby gifts I have ever seen. Adorable, Carrie!
Hope your little guy shows up soon, quickly, and as comfortably as possible!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Super cute little projects! I love when my high school Spanish and one summer of French come in handy...

1:40 PM  
Blogger yeah but not really said...

July 17 was my due date last summer! I had my daughter July 15, can't believe it's been a year. Good luck with everything :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Super cute! And let me know if you need a pattern translated from French to English you silly girl... You've got a few days left, right? ;)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home