new banner

Monday, July 11, 2011

La Grenouillère

The French really do have a way with baby knits, as Jess pointed out when she bought me "Tricots Intemporels Pour Bebes." Really, the designs are all classic but still fresh and all around charming. Like clothes little kids really *should* wear.

And this one just stood out for its overall snuggliness.

This is La Grenouillère, a little sleeping suit for our guy. I used my favorite Spud & Chloe sweater yarn in splash -- for some reason, I really love this yarn, especially for baby knits. The colors are delightful and I find it soft and springy and just pleasant.

I will be honest. I struggled with this one. First of all, I lost my knitting mojo for a few months, due in part to a cough that I was only able to shake a week or so again. Plus, since I don't generally knit socks, turning the heel seemed downright bizarre. And I also struggled with the French pattern -- I just didn't have the patience. So my mom, a French teacher and knitter, translated it for me, which helped tremendously.

I'm basically dying to get the little one in this because it just looks so soft and cozy, but I realize it might be a while. Maybe not too long, though. He's due in six days. SIX DAYS PEOPLE. And I still have two more little projects that I need to finish....

2 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

Trop mignon, bien sur!!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Cassy said...

So so so adorable! Glad your knitting mojo is back. Hope your final six days are blissful and comfortable.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home